- Reduce re-offending.
- Protect the public from the harm that serious or prolific offenders can do to individuals, communities and the public.
We do this work by ensuring that:
- Offenders are carefully assessed to identify the risks they present.
- Offenders are directed to interventions that will reduce their identified risks.
- Offenders are properly managed throughout their sentence.
- Sentences are properly enforced.
- Attention is given to the needs of victims of serious offenders.
Much of the work we do depends on working with other organisations such as Police, Prisons,Local Authorities, and Voluntary Organisations. The staff of the Probation Trust work to make a difference to local communities by making them safer places in which to live and work.
We aim to
- Provide information to courts to help sentencing decisions.
- Safely supervise people serving their sentence in the community.
- Ensure people complete their community sentences and take them back to court if they don't.
- Prevent people from committing more crimes.
- Prepare prisoners for release.
- Supervise prisoners who are released into the community on licence.
- Liaise with victims of serious crime.